“Citizengame.dll” is needed for FiveM to work if it can’t find this file – causing errors when launching or playing GTA V on certain platforms. The error message ‘FiveM Could not load Citizengame.dill’ occurs when this mod file is unavailable in the installation directory.
GTA is a huge franchise with an avid fan base. FiveM, a modification for Grand Theft Auto V, enables you to play multiplayer on customized dedicated servers powered by Cfx.re. This allows players with various modding know hows the opportunity of playing against each other in different environments made specifically for their games which can vary from racetracks and highways all way down to city streets!
Do you have GTA installed on your PC? It’s a great game, but sometimes players face an error that prevents them from playing. If the player gets the could not load citizengame.dll error message while trying to launch GTA, it means there is something wrong with their installation of the Game, which can be solved by reinstalling or repairing the Game. The article below will show you how to do this quickly and easily!
causes ‘Could not Load CitizenGame.dll’ in FiveM
If you receive this error message, it’s important to know the cause before getting started with solutions as each fix will be tailored for a specific problem.
- Antivirus issue: This is the most common reason for this error message when the Antivirus interferes with FiveM files. Normally, Windows Defender doesn’t cause any interference with game files; however, it can occur if your third-party antivirus program was not designed specifically to work alongside mods like ours (or perhaps you disabled their protections). To fix these errors, please simply disable real-time protection. Now all should be well!
- Cache Files: There are times where the Mod cache file could be faulty. If so, you can delete the cache, then your problem will likely no longer exist!
- Outdated GTA Game: FiveM is an amazing piece of software, but it’s important to make sure you update your base game because Fivem inevitably checks for new versions.
If you have found the reason, don’t worry! We’ve got your back with helpful solutions for each problem below:
How to Fix this fivem citizengame.dll Error message?
Before getting into solutions, make sure you.
- Temporarily Disabling Your Antivirus
- Updating GTA V Game
Creating the ‘CitizenGame.dll’ File Manually
- Open the Notepad on your system to begin.
- Then, copy and paste the following in Notepad.
- IVPath=D:\Grand Theft Auto V
- “IVPath=D:\Grand Theft Auto V” is the installation path on GTA V.
- Now save the file, name it “CitizenGame.dll,” and save it as a “.dill” file. And change save as type to “All files” option.
- Then, click on the “Save” button.
- Now, right-click on the ‘FiveM’ (app) icon (usually on the desktop) and choose the ‘Open file location option.
- Now, double-click on the ‘FiveM Application Data’ and copy the the’CitizenGame.dll’ file to the ‘FiveM Application Data folder.
- Run the FiveM “as administer” and enjoy the Game
This solution is guaranteed to fix the ‘FiveM Could not load CitizenGame.dll’ error message for you! But if it still doesn’t work, keep trying and restart your system after step 6 has been completed in order to give this process another shot.
Read More: SkyUI error
Deleting the ‘caches.xml’ File
One of the most common causes for this error message is a faulty cache file. If you delete any such files, they should go away and allow us to continue our journey!
- First of kill “FiveM” tasks in task manager. To do so, “CTRL+Alt+Delete” and select FiveM and click on End task at the right corner.
- Now, open the root folder of ‘FiveM’ (app) by right-clicking on FiveM and select Open file location.
- Then, locate a file named ‘caches.xml‘ and delete it.
Now relaunch FiveM and enjoy the Game.
Install Visual C++ Redistributable
The Visual C++ Redistributable is a very common requirement for many games, even ones on the market right now. If you have this missing and want to make sure your Game continues working properly, then simply installing another copy may solve things!
- Go to visual c++
- Download the file
- And run the EXE file
It is time to get back on the streets of Los Santos and start playing. We hope that you were able to fix your installation error with our troubleshooting guide for GTA 5 players who are getting “Could not load citizengame.dll” while trying to launch the Game. If you have any more questions, make sure to comment down below!